They say a picture speaks a thousand words. From time-to-time, a good photo prompts the muse to speak. In the interest of promoting our poets and poetic picture prompts ( ), we invite you to send us photos for use for future Poetic Bloomings ekphrastic poetry prompts. Here are the guidelines:
WHAT TO SEND:
- Please send only photos that you have taken yourself, or that you have permission to share with us. Sending us a photo will be interpreted as permission for use as a Poetic Bloomings prompt, and also for use in any future Poetic Bloomings books.
- Provide your name as you wish it to appear to credit your work. You may also provide a link to any public display of your photography.
- Photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi, for quality printing. Since we will not be printing larger than 3 x 5 photos, we’ll say a minimum of 900 x 1500 pixels.
- Photos must be family-friendly.
- Please provide only photos that will work well in black-and-white print.
- Please attach only one photo to your e-mail, and send no more than two photos total in 2013. We will contact you if we would like to see more of your work.
WHERE TO SEND:
- E-mail photos to email@example.com
- Please include “photo prompt” in the subject line, so we may catch it easily if it swims into our spam filter.
We will determine which photos we feel best “fit” with who we are at Poetic Bloomings. We seldom use photo prompts, and therefore cannot guarantee that all photos will be used. We CAN guarantee, however, that we will never use or share your photos anywhere else or for any other purpose than stated above.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.